- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 pounds Italian chicken sausage
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 8 oz. fresh sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 red peppers (diced)
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash lengthwise and spoon out the seeds.
- Brush both insides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place face down on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until it shreds easy with a fork.
- While the spaghetti squash is baking, cook the Italian chicken sausage, set aside.
- Once done, remove spaghetti squash from the oven and using a fork, scrape the squash out away from the flesh and into a large bowl.
- In a large 9×13 pan, add the shredded spaghetti squash to form the base layer. Then add the Italian chicken sausage, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, red pepper, pizza sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Add pepperoni to the very top to finish it off.
- Return back to the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.