Build a gorgeous Thanksgiving charcuterie board this holiday season that will keep your hungry guests at bay! Learn how to build a seasonal charcuterie board that will look gorgeous on your Thanksgiving table.
- 3–4 slices of meat per person – variety of flavors and textures
- 1–2 oz. of cheese per person – variety of flavors and textures
- Fresh seasonal fruit
- Dried seasonal fruit
- Assortment of nuts
- Assortment of crackers
- Start by selecting the right board for your spread. You can use large cutting boards, slate boards, or large marble or ceramic platters.
- Once you know how many guests you’ll have, you can begin choosing your meats. You’ll want 3-4 slices of meat per person, but also a variety of flavors and textures.
- Select 1-2 oz. of cheese per person, again choosing a variety of flavors and textures. I recommend a balance between soft and hard cheese and mild and robust flavors.
- Add in both fresh and dried seasonal fruit. For Thanksgiving, figs, pomegranate, pears, dried cranberries, apples, and grapes are good options.
- Add in an assortment of nuts.
- Add in an assortment of crackers in both shape and flavor.
- Begin assembling your board – think of your board as a blank canvas and let your creativity flow. I recommend starting with the larger items and then filling in from there.
- Time-saving tip – slice any cheese or fruit the night before and store in an air-tight container overnight.
- Be sure to ask your guests about food allergies!
- Get creative – add in fruit jams and spreads, chocolate, or whatever you’d like! A delicate balance between flavors and textures is key!
- Category: appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: charcuterie board, Thanksgiving charcuterie board, seasonal charcuterie board