Curl up with your loved one and a dish of this vanilla panna cotta with white wine sauce. It’s the perfect dessert for dinner for two, being ridiculously easy and foolproof.
If you liked this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating.
Vanilla Panna Cotta
- 2 1/4 tsp (1 packet) Knox unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbps. cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
White Wine Sauce
- 1 cup semi-sweet white wine
- 1 cup sugar
**Fresh, sliced strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine the unflavored gelatin and cold water. Stir to combine and then set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the heavy cream, milk, sugar, salt, and pure vanilla extract. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the saucepan and let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour into four stemless wine glasses, dividing evenly, and let cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- While the panna cotta is setting up in the refrigerator, add the white wine sauce ingredients to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat down to a simmer, and let simmer until reduced by about half. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the panna cotta is fully set it will feel like jello. When you’re ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and top with a few fresh sliced strawberries and one tablespoon of the white wine sauce. Serve immediately.
Keywords: vanilla panna cotta, white wine sauce, white wine simple syrup, Missouri wines