Curl up with your loved one and a dish of this vanilla panna cotta with white wine sauce. It’s the perfect dessert for dinner for two, being ridiculously easy and foolproof.
- 2 1/4 tsp (1 packet/15 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup sugar – divided
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweet white wine
- 1 cup fresh strawberries – sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the unflavored gelatin and cold water, stir to combine and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the heavy cream, milk, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, and vanilla – whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the set gelatin to the cream and milk mixture, whisk to combine. Then, pour into stemless wine glasses or small ramekins and let cool.
- Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- For the sauce, add the white wine and 1 cup sugar to a saucepan and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until it reduces down and thickens.
- When ready to serve, top the panna cotta with sliced strawberries, then add 1-2 Tbsp. of the white wine sauce and server.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white wine, wine desserts, gluten-free, gluten-free desserts, panna cotta, strawberries