Hey there! I’m Jennifer Shreckengost, the Creative Director and Owner of Wanderlust and Wellness. I’m a food-loving foodie who loves charcuterie and rosé.
So what is Wanderlust and Wellness?
Wanderlust and Wellness is a food blog that focuses on simple yet elegant eats for the everyday woman. My recipes are a mix of full-fat and full-flavor, to
Before learning to slow down and enjoy cooking once again, I DREADED cooking. But in this season of life, I’m finding myself wanting to let go of the hustling lifestyle and embrace a more slow, mindful lifestyle. I’ve found cooking to be almost cathartic; helping me tap back into my creative side that I pushed aside while hustling through life. I hope that through the recipes you find here at Wanderlust and Wellness, you can begin to experience JOY around cooking.
About the name – Wanderlust and Wellness
If you’re new around here, you might be wondering why the name Wanderlust and Wellness. Some might expect travel content, and others might expect strict nutritional content. We view the words Wanderlust and Wellness a bit differently. We see Wanderlust as wanting to experience all that life has to offer. To slow down and live intentionally. Same for wellness. We see wellness as living your best life. A life well-lived is one where we slow down and enjoy the simple things, like the smell of a fresh-baked pie or sitting down for dinner with your loved ones.
Most recipes on the blog are focused on –
- Approachable yet sophisticated – which translates into easy enough for a weeknight dinner but elegant enough to serve dinner guests.
- Mostly dinner, appetizer, and drink recipes with a few desserts sprinkled in.
- Pasta, gnocchi, and all the comfort food you could ever want.
- Air fryer recipes – going beyond frozen nuggets in the air fryer to delicious freshly-made dinners.
- Easy dinners like sheet pan meals, one-pot, and an occasional casserole.
Our vision and mission:
We passionately believe in the joy of cooking and entertaining friends and family. Our vision is to inspire women to:
- have confidence in the kitchen to create gorgeous dishes they can proudly share with their family and friends
- to elevate the moment with new simple yet elegant recipes
- explore new flavors, techniques, and ingredients in the kitchen
A little bit about me…
I ditched my corporate executive job at the beginning of 2018 to focus solely on the work I do here with Wanderlust and Wellness. I’m now paying it forward to the world with the work I do here at Wanderlust and Wellness. I feel so much gratitude for being able to have a career I absolutely love.
I live in a small town outside of Kansas City, Missouri, with my husband, five kids, and six grandkids. My husband is an avid outdoorsman; you can find him over on Primal Pioneer.