Have you heard all the rage about Matcha tea and its health benefits? I’m always scanning the natural health environment for foods and ingredients to add into my daily routine. Matcha tea is a green tea powder from Japan that packs a punch when it comes to health benefits. You can use the green tea powder for drinking as tea or as an ingredient in other recipes. Matcha is the perfect addition to any smoothie recipe!
Here’s just a few health benefits of Matcha tea:
- 137 times more antioxidants that regular green tea
- Rich in antioxidants, fiber, and chlorophyll
- Contains L-theanine, which is a mood enhancing amino acid
- Detoxifies naturally
- Rich in vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc, and magnesium
The possibilities for Matcha recipes are endless! This Banana Matcha Smoothie combines coconut milk, Matcha tea, and banana. Throw all ingredients into a blender and you’ve got a smoothie packed full of health benefits to kick off your morning!Print
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp. Matcha green tea
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 1 cup of ice
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until it’s mixed well and has a smooth texture.
Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. She creates easy, approachable gluten-free recipes for the everyday home cook; because cooking gluten-free doesn’t mean food has to be complicated or tasteless.