These buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are the perfect healthy alternative to one of my absolute favorite foods. The buffalo chicken bites are gluten-free using a light Tapioca flour breading and cooked in coconut oil. You could also go the grilled chicken route for these as well, but if you want a little breaded crunch using Tapioca flour and coconut oil gives you a healthier alternative to traditional pre-breaded options. I also topped these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps with my dairy-free Paleo ranch dressing, too!
If you’ve followed me for awhile you know that my family and I are buffalo addicts. We’ll be the family of 6 that all orders the buffalo wings or the buffalo chicken sandwich. This was one of THE first meals I converted to a healthier alternative when we changed up our diets. The best part is that they all love these buffalo bites so it’s a win win for everybody. These buffalo chicken lettuce wraps make the perfect lunch to take to work or on the go. I’ll make up a batch of these and use them all week long in salads or in wraps. One batch will give you a week’s worth of lunches!
The dairy-free Paleo ranch is a staple dressing in our household. It’s super easy to whip up a batch and store in a mason jar. No more expensive ‘healthy’ salad dressings or dressings filled with weird ingredients or loaded with sugar.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe:Print
- 3 pounds of organic boneless (skinless chicken tenders)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3–4 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil
- 2–3 cups Frank’s hot sauce
- ½ cup grass-fed butter
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Paleo Ranch Dressing
- Make Paleo ranch dressing and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cut chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Dip the chicken bites first into the egg, then tapioca flour, then place into coconut oil to cook.
- While chicken is cooking, add Frank’s hot sauce to pan with butter and melt over medium-low heat.
- Turn the chicken pieces occasionally until thoroughly cooked. Add additional coconut oil as needed.
- Once chicken is finished, remove from skillet, dip into hot sauce until thoroughly coated and remove.
- To assemble the wraps, place 3-4 buffalo chicken bites onto one butter lettuce leave, top with Paleo ranch and enjoy!