Okay kiddos, enjoy your treats while mommy sits back and enjoys this Caramel Apple Sangria. This drink was pretty. darn. tasty if I do say so myself. I mean, I needed to taste test it and all for my readers, right? And the caramel rimmed glass?? I may have licked the rim while I drank the sangria! AND, this is a Paleo approved caramel sauce so no regrets! Who am I kidding, you don’t have to wait until Halloween to enjoy this! In fact, this Caramel Apple Sangria would be the perfect drink to sip fireside, or just about anywhere.
Let’s talk about this dairy free, Paleo approved caramel sauce. I could have eaten this by the spoonful, but of course I didn’t. Four simple ingredients, that’s all you need. Coconut cream, coconut sugar, a little seat salt and vanilla extract. And as for the sangria mixture, the caramel vodka takes the cake! This drink is so good it’s dangerous.
- 1 bottle of white wine (I used Apothic White I wouldn’t go too sweet.)
- 6 cups organic apple cider
- 2 cups Ginger Ale
- 1 cup Caramel Vodka
- 3–4 Honey Crisp apples
- Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup canned coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, add all caramel sauce ingredients and heat slowly until simmering. Simmer for about 10 minutes (but do not boil).
- Once the coconut sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- While the caramel sauce cools, cut up the apples into chunks, leaving the skin in place.
- Add all sangria ingredients to a large pitcher or other drink container. Stir to combine.
- When ready to serve, pour a small amount of the caramel sauce onto a small plate. Dip the rim of the wine glass into the caramel sauce, coating it heavily.
- Pour sangria into glass and enjoy!