These chocolate-covered strawberry ghosts bring fresh fruit to the table but also chocolate, so it’s a win-win for parents, right?! They’re so good and simple to do – literally, the perfect Halloween treat!
For these chocolate-covered strawberry ghosts, I used Ghirardelli Classic White Chips. My normal brand of baking chocolate chips Enjoy Life, does not carry a white option so I switched to Ghirardelli. Fresh strawberry season is winding down in my area, however, I was still able to find some decent fresh strawberries at the market. These would be a great treat for both the kids and adults, I mean who doesn’t like chocolate-covered strawberries?!?
I will preface this recipe with the fact that the white chocolate chips used to dip these strawberries are not refined-sugar-free or dairy-free, and I wasn’t comfortable enough to label them as gluten-free. They are, of course, nut-free. But, while these aren’t the most Paleo/Primal friendly Halloween treat, I still felt like it was a good balance with the fresh fruit. Because life’s all about balance, right?
- Fresh strawberries
- Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips
- Semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
How to make Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Ghosts
- Melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the fresh strawberries and set them on a lined baking sheet.
- Before the chocolate dries, apply the mini chips for the eyes and mouth.
- Put th strawberries in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Recipe FAQs and Notes
How long will chocolate covered strawberries stay fresh?
For the best flavor, I would eat these Halloween treats within 48 hours of making them.
Can you use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?
You can’t – the key is having fresh strawberries! The frozen ones will unthaw and release a lot of liquid which will make the dessert messy and soggy in the process.
What other fun ingredients can you use?
You can totally opt for edible googly eyes in place of using the chocolate chips! That is a fun and unique way to give these edible ghosts a new look!
Enjoy these other Halloween recipes
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts Recipe
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts
These fun white chocolate covered strawberries make the best ghosts!
- 12 large fresh strawberries
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Classic White Chips
- Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips
- Melt the classic white chips according to package directions.
- Once melted, hand dip each strawberry and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- While white chocolate is still wet, place mini chips onto strawberry for the eyes and nose.
- Place strawberries in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. She creates easy, approachable gluten-free recipes for the everyday home cook; because cooking gluten-free doesn’t mean food has to be complicated or tasteless.
Leave a Reply