These chocolate covered strawberry ghosts bring fresh fruit to the table but also chocolate, so it’s a win win for parents, right?! I will preface this recipe with the fact that the white chocolate chips used to dip these strawberries are not refined-sugar free or dairy-free, and I wasn’t comfortable enough to label them as gluten-free. They are, of course, nut-free. But, while these aren’t the most Paleo/Primal friendly Halloween treat, I still felt like it was a good balance with the fresh fruit. Because life’s all about balance, right?
For these chocolate covered strawberry ghosts, I used Ghirardelli Classic White Chips. My normal brand of baking chocolate chips, Enjoy Life, does not carry a white option so I switched to Ghirardelli. Fresh strawberry season is winding down in my area, however, I was still able to find some decent fresh strawberries at the market. These would be a great treat for both the kids and adults, I mean who doesn’t like chocolate covered strawberries?!?
- 12 large fresh strawberries
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Classic White Chips
- Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips
- Melt the classic white chips according to package directions.
- Once melted, hand dip each strawberry and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- While white chocolate is still wet, place mini chips onto strawberry for the eyes and nose.
- Place strawberries in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pin for later:
Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. She creates easy, approachable gluten-free recipes for the everyday home cook; because cooking gluten-free doesn’t mean food has to be complicated or tasteless.