Remember as a teenager going to Taco Bell late at night and devouring an order of their cinnamon chips alongside your burrito supreme? No? Just me? Well, I did, and I loved it. Fast forward 25 years and I’m not devouring anything from Taco Bell anymore, but I still love cinnamon sugar chips. I’m always looking for ways to take my favorite foods and update them into a healthier version. Enter the gluten-free cinnamon chips. I would define these as Paleo-ish for the hard core Paleo eater.
These gluten-free cinnamon chips are made using Udi’s gluten free tortillas, ghee, plus cinnamon and sugar. Brush on the melted ghee, sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar and then broil for 2-3 minutes. They were so good my husband decided to devour them in one setting. And what’s better to go with chips than salsa, right? This fruit salsa packs sweet and heat with the addition of jalapeno peppers. It’s the perfect combination with the sweet cinnamon chips. Add this to your Labor Day BBQ menu as summer is winding down.
Cinnamon and Sugar Chips:
- 3-4 Udi's gluten-free large tortillas
- 1 tbsp. ghee (melted)
- 2 tbsp. pure cane sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups strawberries (diced)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Turn oven to broil and let heat up.
- Mix up the fruit salsa ingredients by adding all ingredients to a small bowl and mix well. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Lay tortillas onto a lined baking sheet.
- Melt the ghee and then brush generously onto the tortillas.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl, then sprinkle generously onto the tortillas.
- Place under the broiler and watch carefully for 2-3 minutes. You want them to brown and crisp but not burn.
Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. She creates easy, approachable gluten-free recipes for the everyday home cook; because cooking gluten-free doesn’t mean food has to be complicated or tasteless.