This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links below Wanderlust and Wellness may receive compensation.
This week I’m sharing with you 5 kick-A** recipes for your 2016 New Year’s Eve party. Or you can enjoy these any day of the year, but these appetizers will have your NYE guests begging for more! Let’s start with these Homemade Carne Asada fries. I’ll admit, I’m a sucker for anything Carne Asada, but these fries were AWESOME! Not to mention these fries are homemade, which in my opinion, makes them ten times better than any frozen bag variety. Add on the grilled marinated flank steak, cheese and guacamole, yowzers, so good!
You can make up a big ol’ batch of these for your party and let your guests munch on them throughout the night. I marinated the flank steak for just a few hours before grilling to give it an extra boost of flavor. The homemade fries are super easy, simply slice up your potatoes, leaving the skin on. Brush with olive oil, salt & pepper, and bake. After that, it’s just a matter of putting it all together and throwing it under the broiler right before serving. Top with fresh guacamole and serve!
What would a NYE party be without some fun games and fab decor? We searched Target high and low and put together this fabulous Hostess with the Mostest NYE party guide! Check out the items below and grab them before the ball starts to drop!
- White Star Garland // $12.99
- That’s What She Said // $25.00
- 4-pc. Stemless Champagne Glass // $9.99
- 11 in. Deer Melamine Dinner Plate // $2.99
- Merry & Bright Drink Dispenser // $29.99
- Refinery Beer Caddy // $12.99
- Hammered Copper Wine Chiller // $19.99
- Gold Antler Tray // $19.99
- 5-pc. Rose Gold Silverware Set // $19.99
- Houdini Deluxe 3-pc. Cooper Wine Accessories // $29.99
- Hammered Copper 3-pc. Bar Tools Set // $16.99
- SPARQ Home Cedar Condiment Trio with Soapstone Bowls // $45.95
- Wood and Copper Star Tray // $34.99
- Sharper Image Soapstone Whiskey Stones // $9.99
- Bormioli Rocco Selecta 7-pc. Whiskey Set // $19.99
- Hammered Copper 4-pc. Coaster Set // $9.99
- Cards Against Humanity // $25.00
- Holiday Shot Glass Set // $6.99
- 24 Gold Luminaria Bags // $14.99
- Cheers Marquee Light // $39.99
- SPARQ Home Acacia Chip & Dip Platter with Soapstone Ramekin // $89.95
- Geode Votive Candle Holder // $14.99
Homemade Carne Asada Fries Recipe:
Homemade Carne Asada Fries
- 1 flank steak 1.5 - 2 pounds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt & pepper
- 2-3 large russet potatoes
- Shredded colby jack cheese
- Fresh guacamole
In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and mix well.
Add the flank steak and marinade to a Ziploc baggie. Push all of the air out of the bag and seal. Massage the bag so that the steak is well covered by the marinade. Place into the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice your potatoes, leaving the skin on, into fries. Place fries onto a lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 35-40 minutes until fries are crispy on the outside and begin to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
Preheat your grill and remove the steak from the marinade bag. Grill to your preferred temperature.
Slice steak into thin strips, then cut each strip into smaller chunks.
On another lined baking sheet, place the fries into a heaping pile. Top with steak and shredded cheese. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. (Watch carefully so it doesn't burn).
Remove from oven, top with fresh guacamole and serve.