This orange glazed skillet chicken is a spin on the crackling’ chicken a shared a few weeks ago. Orange is probably one of my favorite glazes to use with meat so it should be no shocker that I’m bringing you yet another DELICIOUS orange glazed chicken recipe. It makes me so happy to develop tasty, sweet glazes that don’t require any refined sugars or high fructose corn syrup, I mean that’s like a win in and of itself. I could have eaten all four of these but I refrained.
But seriously, pick up some coconut aminos STAT and start making some of these delicious glazed recipes! The glaze on these chicken thighs, combined with the crispy outer layer was perfection! (One note…in full disclosure, yes, those are oranges in the photos. They look more yellow, like lemons, but alas they are oranges. I’m still learning with my photography skills.) Now let’s get to the recipe!
Orange Glazed Skillet Chicken Recipe:Print
- 6 chicken thighs (bone-in, with skin)
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 1/2 cup fresh squeeze orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp. orange zest
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- In a large skillet, melt the ghee over medium heat. Add in chicken thighs and cook through until done, turning every 3-4 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine orange juice, broth, sugar, coconut aminos, sriracha sauce and stir to combine.
- Once chicken is done, remove from the pan and place into a baking dish. Scrape the pan to loosen any crumbs, but leave in the pan. Add in garlic and orange zest and stir until they’re lighting browned.
- Add in liquid mixture, turn heat up to high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the liquid thickens into a glaze.
- Pour glaze over chicken and serve.