Wedge salads are one of my favorite salads of all time. I know, I know, the iceberg lettuce probably packs the least amount of nutritional value compared to other greens but I LOVE wedge salads! There are also many variations, especially when it comes to dressings, that you’re left with several options for mixing things up. This Paleo Caesar salad uses a homemade Caesar dressing that is dairy-free, double win!
- 1 head of lettuce
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 1 Organic egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup light tasting extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Slice lettuce head into 4 wedges and set aside.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, set aside.
- Cook bacon slices and let cool and then crumble.
- Combine all dressing ingredients except olive oil and coconut milk in a food processor. Pulse until well blended.
- Slowly blend in olive oil until well combined.
- Slowly blend in coconut milk until well combined.
- Assemble wedge salad and serve.