Sautéed green beans and mushrooms in ghee make the perfect vegetable side dish for your Thanksgiving dinner. I love an excuse to sauté anything in ghee so when I planned the recipes for this Thanksgiving meal plan I just had to incorporate ghee somewhere! I used to avoid eating fresh green beans because of the texture, and because my only experience with them were poorly undercooked versions at restaurants. Seriously, they need to get it together because when you cook these lovelies correctly they are so good. They’re SO much better than their canned counterpart.
My husband loves mushrooms, he could eat just a plate full of sautéed mushrooms so I wanted to incorporate baby Portobello mushrooms into this recipe. Add in some salt, pepper, and a little bit of ginger and you’ll never turn back to canned green beans again. Originally I wanted to roast these but, as I previously mentioned, any excuse to sauté veggies in ghee is a good excuse in my book. Paired with the maple mustard roasted carrots I previously posted, you have a win win with veggies this Thanksgiving!
Don’t forget, here’s the FULL Wanderlust and Wellness Thanksgiving Meal Plan:
(I’ve made a few adjustments along the way)
- Tuesday, November 1st – Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad
- Wednesday, November 2nd – Maple Mustard Roasted Carrots
- Thursday, November 3rd – Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Friday – November 4th – Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Saturday, November 5th – Mini-Pumpkin Pies with Maple Cinnamon Coconut Cream
- Sunday, November 6th – Thanksgiving Meat and Cheese Board and Gluten-free Dinner Rolls
- Monday, November 7th – Butternut Sausage Stuffing and Sautéed Green Beans and Mushrooms
- Tuesday, November 8th – Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Maple Aioli
- Wednesday, November 9th – Bone Broth Gravy
- Thursday, November 10th – Maple Herb Turkey
- Friday, November 11th – Apple Galette
Sautéed Green Beans & Mushrooms Recipe:Print
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 16 oz. fresh green beans
- 8 oz. fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- In a large skillet, melt ghee over medium heat.
- Add in garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Add in green beans and spices, stir to combine.
- Sauté for about 30 minutes, or until green beans have softened.