This sparkling cucumber cocktail is a refreshing summer cocktail that’s a perfect addition to your farmers market recipes! Fresh cucumbers don’t have to be used just for dinners, they also make for the perfect garnishment in your water or drinks all summer long. Plus it’s low in sugar and I’ve included a mocktail option.
Sparkling Cucumber Cocktail
You guys know that I prefer pretty low sugar cocktails – like all of my La Croix Cocktails, especially during the hot summer. Plus, many of you have asked for more mocktail options, so this refreshing summer cocktail has both!
Fresh cucumbers are like 96% water, so they’re perfect for adding to your water for a little boost in flavor, or adding to your summer cocktails. This sparkling cucumber cocktail is made with five simple ingredients, that’s it!!
This recipe creates two servings with the following ingredients:
- 1/2 fresh cucumber
- 2 cans Kiwi Sandia La Croix sparkling water
- 3 oz white rum
- 4-6 fresh mint leaves
- For the mocktail option, you can omit the white rum
How to make a cucumber cocktail
- In the bottom of a glass, add 2-3 fresh mint leaves and muddle just a bit.
- Pour 1.5 oz of white rum over the mint leaves. For a mocktail option, you can omit this step.
- Add crushed ice to the glass, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Pour one can of Kiwi Sandia La Croix into the glass until full.
- Add 3-4 slices of fresh cucumber and serve.
No, you do not have to peel the cucumbers. You can leave the skin on or peel them, whichever you prefer.
No, regular cucumbers work fine in this cocktail. If you wanted to boost the cucumber flavor of the drink, you could muddle a slice or two of cucumber in the bottom with the mint leaves. If you go this route, seedless would work better.
Sure! You can use flavored sparkling water, like La Croix, or use plain sparkling water.
Simply omit the rum in this recipe for a sparkling cucumber mocktail.
Recommended kitchen tools for this recipe
Wanderlust and Wellness participates in the Amazon affiliate program. Please see my affiliate disclaimer.
Make it a meal with these gluten-free recipes!
Join the Wanderlust Cooking Club!
A free monthly cooking challenge with prizes!
Sparkling Cucumber CocktailPrint
This sparkling cucumber cocktail is a refreshing La Croix cocktail that’s perfect for your summer farmers market cucumber haul, plus it’s low in sugar! It’s the perfect cocktail for a hot summer’s day!
- 1/2 fresh cucumber – sliced
- 2 cans Kiwi Sandia La Croix
- 3 oz white rum
- 4–6 fresh mint leaves
- crushed ice
- Add 2-3 mint leaves to the bottom of each glass.
- Pour 1.5 oz. of white rum into each glass. For a mocktail option, omit the rum.
- Fill the glass 3/4 of the way full with crushed ice.
- Pour Kiwi Sandia La Croix into each glass until full.
- Add 3-4 slices of cucumber to each glass.
- Serve immediately.
- For a mocktail option, omit the rum.
- Use regular or seedless cucumbers.
- Use plain sparkling water if preferred.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: drinks
- Cuisine: American
Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. She creates easy, approachable gluten-free recipes for the everyday home cook; because cooking gluten-free doesn’t mean food has to be complicated or tasteless.