I love summer; fresh fruits and nights on the patio with tasty appetizers like this strawberry bacon brie. I love an appetizer that combines sweet with savory, is simple and packs a lot of flavors. As I’ve grown to embrace the inclusion of fresh fruit with savory dishes, I couldn’t wait to create a summer brie plate to enjoy.
Recently my husband and I visited a winery and enjoyed a fresh charcuterie board that included brie with fresh fruit and it was amazing. Of course, that got my chef brain turning and the result was this sweet, savory with a hint of spice summer appetizer. Fresh strawberries, a hint of jalapeno, and bacon, all enveloped in fresh maple syrup and piled atop baked brie equaled tasty perfection.
You can enjoy this with a fresh baguette, crackers, pita bread, or whatever you’d like. Welcome to flavor town! Did I also mention this pairs really well with a light, fruity wine? So good! Imagine yourself now, relaxing on the patio in the evening, with a fresh glass of wine and this strawberry bacon brie. Perfecto!
Strawberry Bacon Brie Recipe
Strawberry Bacon Brie
This strawberry bacon brie is the perfect summer appetizer to enjoy on the patio with a cold glass of wine.
- 1 8 oz wheel brie cheese
- 6 large strawberries (sliced)
- 4 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 jalapeno (chopped)
- 1 fresh baguette
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the brie wheel onto a baking sheet. Once the oven is preheated, cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While brie is cooking, cook bacon, remove, let cool, then crumble.
- In a small bowl, combine sliced strawberries, bacon crumbles, maple syrup, lemon juice, and chopped jalapeno. Stir to combine.
- Carefully transfer cooked brie wheel to a serving plate. Top with the strawberry mixture. Slice baguette and serve. If preferred, toast the baguette prior to slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Pin for later:
Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. She creates easy, approachable gluten-free recipes for the everyday home cook; because cooking gluten-free doesn’t mean food has to be complicated or tasteless.
Leave a Reply