Summertime is burger time, right?!? This spicy burger with honey mustard slaw is the perfect addition to your summer burger menu. Recently, I’ve learned to expand my burger taste buds and try out some unique flavor combinations. I used to stick with the boring combination of just cheese, maybe some pickles and then mustard. But then I branched out and realized what I was missing!
- 1 pound grass-fed hamburger
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cabbage slaw
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. old style whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Paleo mayo
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Combine grass-fed hamburger with spices until well combined.
- Form into large patties.
- For slaw, combine all ingredients until combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Grill burgers, then top with slaw and any other topping you’d like.
- Serve on gluten-free bun or skip the bun! I used Canyon Bakehouse gluten-free hamburger buns.
- Cuisine: American