These chicken gyro lettuce wraps are a quick and easy gluten-free lunch option. Plus, there’s a dairy-free tzatziki sauce included in this recipe that perfectly finishes off these lettuce wraps!
Chicken Gyro Lettuce Wraps
These chicken gyro lettuce wraps are the perfect on-the-go lunch to take to work. Chicken gyros are my favorite, and this lettuce wrap version does not disappoint. They also incorporate my dairy-free, homemade tzatziki sauce which is SO. GOOD. I like to throw these into my lunch container and take them to work, super easy and yet super delicious!
These chicken gyro lettuce wraps are also meal prep friendly. You can make a batch of the tzatziki sauce and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Then, cook up a batch of the greek chicken and also store in an air-tight container. Simply take out what you need when you’re ready to pack your lunch for the day.
How to prepare chicken gyro lettuce wraps
- Cook up a batch of the greek chicken from my Paleo Chicken Gyro recipe.
- Mix up a batch of the dairy-free tzatziki sauce from that same Paleo Chicken Gyro recipe.
- Use butter lettuce leaves or romaine hearts as the wrap.
A few recipe FAQs
- Primal Palate’s Greek Seasoning is my absolute favorite. If you’re unable to find this one, any greek seasoning will work.
- If you’re unable to find butter lettuce leaves, romaine hearts will work just fine.
Kitchen items you may need for this recipe:
Enjoy these other gyro recipes!
Chicken Gyro Lettuce Wraps:Print
A quick and easy gluten-free lunch with these chicken gyro lettuce wraps. Plus, there’s a dairy-free tzatziki sauce included in this recipe that perfectly finishes off these lettuce wraps!
- ½ English cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1 can coconut milk (cream only)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 4 heaping tablespoons of fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds of boneless organic chicken breast tenders
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Add all ingredients for the lemon chicken into a large, Ziploc bag and marinate overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the tzatziki sauce.
- Peel and dice the cucumber.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coconut cream from the canned coconut milk with all remaining tzatziki sauce ingredients. (Note: one trick to easily remove the cream only is to open the canned coconut milk from the bottom. Pour out the liquid and then scrape out the cream.)
- Add in the cucumbers and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill or sauté the chicken until cooked through.
- If ready to serve, assemble your wrap using the butter lettuce leaves, add chicken tender(s) and top with tzatziki sauce.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Greek
Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. She creates easy, approachable gluten-free recipes for the everyday home cook; because cooking gluten-free doesn’t mean food has to be complicated or tasteless.