This easy taco pizza is loaded with all your favorite taco flavorings – seasoned taco meat, crunchy Doritos, zesty taco sauce, and a simple crust. It’s a perfect homemade pizza recipe for an easy weeknight dinner.
Sometimes, homemade pizzas can be ‘meh’ when it comes to flavor, would you agree? They’re really hit or miss, so when I’m able to create a homemade pizza recipe that’s A+ on flavor, I’m definitely going to share it with you guys! There’s a local pizza shop that serves its taco pizza with crushed up nacho cheese tortilla chips (like Doritos) and I just LOVE that extra added crunch on the pizza. Tell me, what’s your favorite taco pizza? Chips or no chips?
One thing I like about this pizza is the crescent roll crust! I know, I know, it’s not really the best in terms of ‘healthy’, but remember, I’m all about balance and one of my guilty pleasures is crescent rolls. And did you know that crescent rolls also come in crescent roll sheets?? Yep! That means all you have to do is roll them out, form a little crust, and voila you have your pizza crust. You’ll find that I used a lot of store-bought ingredients vs. homemade because sometimes life is busy and that calls for quick meals that the family will eat. Life’s too short to feel guilty about the quality of your food ingredients 24/7. Balance, right?
As always, get creative! Add extra ingredients even if they’re not included in my recipe. Add sour cream if that’s your jam, or maybe some jalapeños or olives. I went with what my family will eat, so don’t be afraid to do the same for your version! The best part of it all is you’ll have pizza on the table ready to devour in under 30 minutes!
Easy Taco Pizza RecipePrint
Another quick and easy dinner option with this easy taco pizza. #pizza #tacopizza #quickdinner #wanderlustandwellness #easydinner #homemade
- 2 cans crescent roll sheets
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 pound ground hamburger
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups lettuce – chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes – chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 bag Doritos nacho cheese chips
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to temperature listed on canned crescent roll sheets. Grease a large, flat baking sheet. Roll out one sheet of crescent dough. Then roll out the second sheet, laying it next to the first sheet. Pinch together the center to make one large sheet of dough. Using your hands, gently roll up the edges of the dough around the outside edges to form a small crust.
- Bake the crescent dough crust according to package directions. While the dough is baking, cook the hamburger, salt, and pepper in a large skillet. Drain the grease, then return the cooked hamburger to the pan, adding the taco seasoning per package directions.
- In a small saucepan, add the can of refried beans plus 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce from the canned chipotle chiles. Stir to combine and heat over medium-low heat until warm.
- When the dough is finished baking, remove from oven and set aside.
- To start assembling your taco pizza. Spread a layer of the beans across the entire cooked pizza crust. Next, add a layer of taco sauce. Then, add a layer of the cooked seasoned hamburger meat. Place back into the oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with the shredded cheese. Place the pizza into the oven under the broil setting just until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Crush the Doritos, then sprinkle on top of the entire pizza. Add the chopped lettuce and tomatoes and any other topping you would like. Drizzle with additional taco sauce or salsa and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0