A quick and easy power ball recipe plus prebiotics with Hyperbiotics prebiotic powder.
Power balls were one of those healthy treats that used to frustrate me because every single recipe included nuts! If you have a nut allergy, you’ll feel my frustration on this one. Back when I started my blog, I began creating recipes for both power balls and energy bars that didn’t require nut-based ingredients, just like with these key lime power balls. Plus, these power balls come with a bonus boost of good-for-you ingredients, with Hyperbiotics prebiotic organic proprietary blend powder. Prebiotics are so good for your gut! As Hyperbiotics says, “Prebiotics are to probiotics what fertilizer is to a garden: they are the specific fibers that nourish your healthy bacteria and help them ‘set up shop’ and thrive within your digestive tract.”
I love when food not only tastes delicious but is also good for your gut. Over the past few years, I’ve learned how important gut health is, especially when it comes to reducing internal inflammation, energy levels, and mental clarity. This prebiotic blend is an organic, food-based blend that’s also designed to reduce gas and bloating that you might find with other fiber powders. My 18-year-old son requires fiber daily, and this blend digested perfectly for him, with no discomfort. Plus, sneaking in fiber in a tasty recipe like this is a win-win, right?
My favorite base ingredient in all of my power ball and energy bar recipes are Medjool dates. I can remember when I first started experimenting with recipes, I had no idea what these dates were. Medjool dates are larger in size and have a rich, almost caramel-like flavor to them. They are the perfect base ingredient when making power balls because the soft, chewy texture helps bind all ingredients and can then be molded into whatever shape you need. I also added in chia seeds, so these power balls are jam-packed with vitamins and minerals. What makes Medjool dates perfect for ‘energy’ or ‘power’ balls is that they are full of slow-burning carbs, which allows you to have steady energy to burn, plus they contain potassium which can help prevent muscle cramps.
Key Lime Power Balls with Prebiotics RecipePrint
Key lime power balls with prebiotics using Hyperbiotics prebiotic powder. #powerballs #prebiotics #energyball #keylime #healthydessert
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup whole-grain rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 scoops Hyperbiotic Prebiotic powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut oil – melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup key lime juice (regular lime juice works as well)
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add all power ball ingredients to a food processor and begin to pulse. Once the mixture begins to combine, process for about 1 minute until all ingredients are thoroughly chopped and combined.
- Place mixture into the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer, using a small scoop, shape the mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Combine the coconut and lime zest on a sheet of parchment paper. Roll each ball in the coconut lime zest mixture until it’s fully coated.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Jennifer Shreckengost/Wanderlust and Wellness is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Pin for later: