These orange Moscato cupcakes are like a mimosa in a cupcake! With a fresh orange flavoring and that zing from Moscato, these orange Moscato cupcakes are perfect for your next brunch!
This sponsored post is in partnership with Missouri Wines. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and not influenced by the organization and its affiliates in any way.
Orange Moscato Cupcakes
Calling all brunch squad ladies, these orange Moscato cupcakes are a must for your next brunch menu. They are crazy simple to make and taste just like a mimosa! This recipe features another Missouri wine, specifically the Moscato wine from St. James Winery.
How to make Orange Moscato Cupcakes
I’m sure there are homemade recipes out there, but I know we’re all strapped for time, which is why I’m keeping this orange Moscato cupcake recipe SUPER simple for you. You need three simple ingredients for the cupcake part of the recipe.
- white cake mix
- orange zest
For the orange Moscato buttercream, you’ll need:
- powdered sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- orange juice
- orange zest
You may need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thank you so much for being a part of Wanderlust and Wellness.
Orange Moscato CupcakesPrint
These orange Moscato cupcakes are like mimosa in a cupcake! Perfect for your next brunch, whip up a batch of these orange Moscato cupcakes featuring Missouri wine.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cup Missouri St. James Moscato
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
Orange Moscato Buttercream
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Moscato
- 4 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Preheat oven according to cake box directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the white cake mix, Moscato, and orange zest. Stir to combine.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and fill to about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake according to cake box directions.
- When finished baking, remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, combine all of the orange Moscato buttercream ingredients; beat on medium until smooth. If the icing is too thick, add more Moscato 1 tsp. at a time. If the icing is too thin, add more powdered sugar 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag and Wilton 2D tip, or simply frost with a butterknife, whichever you prefer.
Don’t panic, this recipe does not use the egg or the oil from the box mix directions.
Keywords: orange moscato cupcakes, cupcakes, dessert, Missouri wine
You may also like…
Enjoy these other cupcake recipes!