Paleo-friendly Thousand Island Dressing
When I moved over to Paleo I had to give up my dairy-based sauces, but, after my few days of mourning I got over it real quick. Paleo or not, dairy and I were just NOT getting along. Part of my Paleo journey has been to find delicious and tasty alternatives to my old flames, in with the new and out with the old, right?!
If you’re a thousand island lover, this recipe is for you! Super simple, super quick and super delicious!
- 1/2 C of Paleo-friendly mayonnaise (you can use a Paleo homemade version or a Paleo-friendly store-bought version)
- 2 T Paleo-friendly ketchup (again, homemade or a Paleo-friendly store-bought version)
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T onion (finely chopped)
- 3 T dill pickle (finely chopped)
- 1/8 t pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and let sit for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator before serving