This apple cranberry spinach salad is one of 12 Thanksgiving recipes I’ll be sharing with you over the next 12 days. If you’re one of my newsletter subscribers, you know that Wanderlust and Wellness is bringing you one incredible Thanksgiving meal plan! Over the next 12 days I’ll be sharing a full Thanksgiving menu, including 1 main dish, 1 salad, 8 sides and 2 desserts. All healthier, Paleo approved options but MIGHTY tasty! I’m also going to throw in a full shopping list and meal planner on day 12! You won’t want to miss this! Today is November 1st, therefore I’m bringing you the first recipe of the meal plan, this apple cranberry spinach salad.
Where do I start with this salad?? It has crispy bacon, sweet dried cranberries, fresh crisp apples, feta cheese, with a tangy homemade vinaigrette dressing. There’s so many flavors and when combined they make the perfect combination. This sweet and tangy salad is the perfect starter for your Thanksgiving dinner. Skip the bottled dressings and plain ol’ iceberg salads and wow your dinner guests with this apple cranberry spinach salad.
And don’t be afraid of adding fruit to your salads! I know you have all heard me tell you before how I used to avoid fruit in salads like the plague. I was even hesitant of adding the apples into this salad but I wanted a crisp ingredient to replace the usual crunchy croutons. I am so glad I did. The apples were absolutely delicious in this salad.
Here’s the FULL Wanderlust and Wellness Thanksgiving Meal Plan:
- Tuesday, November 1st – Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad
- Wednesday, November 2nd – Maple Mustard Roasted Carrots
- Thursday, November 3rd – Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Friday – November 4th – Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Saturday, November 5th – Paleo Dinner Rolls & Mini-Pumpkin Pies
- Sunday, November 6th – Butternut Sausage Stuffing
- Monday, November 7th – Roasted Mushrooms and Green Beans
- Tuesday, November 8th – Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Maple Aioli
- Wednesday, November 9th – Bone Broth Gravy
- Thursday, November 10th – Maple Herb Turkey
- Friday, November 11th – Apple Galette with Whiskey Whip Cream
I’ll also be posting a full shopping list and meal planner on Saturday, November 12th.
Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad Recipe:
Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad
- 8 oz. organic fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 honey crisp apple peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 6 slices nitrate-free bacon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese I use goat feta cheese
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigarette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
Cook bacon until crispy, set on paper towel lined plate to cool.
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk together, set aside.
Rinse spinach prior to use, then add to a large salad bowl.
Add in cranberries, apple slices, red onion, feta. Crumble bacon pieces over the top. Using salad forks, toss all ingredients together.
Right before serving, add dressing to salad bowl and toss again until well coated.
Pin for later: