You’ll have a protein-packed breakfast with these spinach sausage egg muffins. They’re super easy to make, gluten-free, and you’ll have an easy, grab-and-go breakfast for the week. With just a handful of ingredients, you can make as many as you need during your weekly meal prep.
Easy, on-the-go breakfast
Another weekly win in the breakfast department with these spinach sausage egg muffins. Make them ahead for the week, store in the refrigerator and just reheat and serve! They make the perfect on-the-go breakfast option that the whole family will enjoy.
Any recipe that lets me sneak in extra veggies for my picky eating teenagers is a win-win in my book. These spinach sausage egg muffins will have you starting your day off with a healthy dose of protein and veggies as you head out the door. These will last about a week in the refrigerator, however, I have not tried freezing them, but I will definitely try that and update here!
Easy ingredient swaps
The best part about egg muffins is you can get super creative with the ingredients, AND they’re the perfect way to sneak in extra veggies. After I made these I kicked myself for not adding in mushrooms, but there’s always next time, right? Here are a few swaps you could consider:
- Bacon instead of sausage
- Kale instead of spinach
- Skip the cheese
- Add in peppers, mushrooms, or any other vegetables you’d like to try
Items you may need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thank you so much for being a part of Wanderlust and Wellness
Spinach Sausage Egg MuffinPrint
- 8 organic eggs
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Cook the breakfast sausage and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and whisk lightly again to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tins, filling to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and serve.
You might also like…
Here are a few more breakfast ideas!
Pin for later:
Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. She creates easy, approachable gluten-free recipes for the everyday home cook; because cooking gluten-free doesn’t mean food has to be complicated or tasteless.