Curl up with your loved one and a dish of this vanilla panna cotta with white wine sauce. It’s the perfect dessert for dinner for two, being ridiculously easy and foolproof. The rich and creamy vanilla panna cotta, paired with the sweet white wine sauce and fresh strawberries, creates a classic dessert that looks elegant and tastes delicious.
What is Panna Cotta?
Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert that is comprised of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and then molded. The word Panna Cotta means “cooked cream” in Italian. It’s naturally gluten-free, too.
Panna Cotta can be molded into any shape you want, making it a fun dessert to create and style, however, for this recipe, we’re letting it mold inside a wine glass of your choice. Panna cotta is also quick, easy, and nearly foolproof, which makes it an easy go-to dessert.
How to make a white wine simple syrup
In partnership with Missouri Wines, we’re featuring a semi-sweet white wine from Noboleis Vineyards – the Vignoles. It’s a smooth white wine, which made it a great choice for a white whine simple syrup. To make the white wine simple syrup:
- Add 1 cup Noboleis Vignoles (or other semi-sweet white wine) and 1 cup of sugar to a large saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
- Stir occasionally to help dissolve the sugar.
- Let the mixture simmer and reduce down to about half, then remove from heat and let cool. It should thicken just a bit as it cools.
You may need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thank you so much for being a part of Wanderlust and Wellness.
Vanilla Panna Cotta with White Wine SaucePrint
Curl up with your loved one and a dish of this vanilla panna cotta with white wine sauce. It’s the perfect dessert for dinner for two, being ridiculously easy and foolproof.
If you liked this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating.
Vanilla Panna Cotta
- 2 1/4 tsp (1 packet) Knox unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbps. cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
White Wine Sauce
- 1 cup semi-sweet white wine
- 1 cup sugar
**Fresh, sliced strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine the unflavored gelatin and cold water. Stir to combine and then set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the heavy cream, milk, sugar, salt, and pure vanilla extract. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the saucepan and let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour into four stemless wine glasses, dividing evenly, and let cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- While the panna cotta is setting up in the refrigerator, add the white wine sauce ingredients to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat down to a simmer, and let simmer until reduced by about half. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the panna cotta is fully set it will feel like jello. When you’re ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and top with a few fresh sliced strawberries and one tablespoon of the white wine sauce. Serve immediately.
Keywords: vanilla panna cotta, white wine sauce, white wine simple syrup, Missouri wines
Enjoy an elegant dinner for two!
I’m hosting a virtual dinner party for two with a few fellow food bloggers!
This dessert post is part of this celebration; enjoy their recipes below!
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese – Fresh April Flours
Truffle Risotto with Balsamic Mushroom Pork Chops – Bunsen Burner Bakery
Vanilla Panna Cotta with White Wine Sauce
Strawberry Gin Spritzer – Krazy Kitchen Mom
You might also like
If you loved this recipe, check out these other recipes featuring Missouri wines!