A coconut pineapple matcha smoothie is the perfect smoothie treat. Both dairy and gluten-free, with fresh pineapple, coconut milk, and matcha tea.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a green tea powder from Japan that is packed full of antioxidants, fiber, and chlorophyll. Matcha is a powerhouse compared to other green teas. Read more about the health benefits of matcha tea and discover why it’s a step above the rest when it comes to green tea.
From the website Matcha Source,
Health Benefits of Matcha Include:
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
But, for some people, matcha can be an acquired taste. By blending matcha into a smoothie with coconut milk and fresh fruit, the matcha flavor is more subtle.
The best part of smoothie recipes is that the flavors and ingredients are interchangeable. Some additional ideas could be…
- Swap out pineapple for another fresh fruit such as banana or mango.
- Swap out coconut milk for a nut or dairy milk.
This coconut pineapple matcha smoothie is perfect for a hot summer day, or even over the colder months when you want to feel that tropical feeling.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thank you so much for being a part of Wanderlust and Wellness.
Enjoy these other smoothie recipes!
Coconut Pineapple Matcha SmoothiePrint
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (diced)
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tsp. Matcha green tea
- Extra pineapple for garnish
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with extra pineapple and enjoy!
Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. She creates easy, approachable gluten-free recipes for the everyday home cook; because cooking gluten-free doesn’t mean food has to be complicated or tasteless.