These party desserts will wow your guests! From mini strawberry shortcakes to apricot brie bites, you’re sure to find the perfect recipe for your next dinner party menu.
When you’re hosting a party, you know your guests are going to love a good dessert. But, when you’re planning a whole dinner party, you need simple, easy desserts. Am I right?? These party desserts are a mix of easy dessert finger foods, to simple yet elegant cakes. All of which your guests will LOVE!
Have you ever considered having a dessert tasting party? Yes, it’s a thing! Just like a wine tasting party with a wine flight, you can host a dessert tasting party and have a flight of finger food desserts for your guests to try and rate. It’s a super fun way to gather your foodie friends and enjoy some delicious desserts.
Party Desserts with Fruit
- Sweet Pineapple Dip – All you need are some cinnamon chips or some delicious slices of fruit to dip into this sweet pineapple dip. It’s a great way to offer a fruit dip surrounded by sliced apples or other fruit options. Perfect for a fall dessert dip offering!
- Valentine Charcuterie Board– This easy dessert board is full of fruit, chocolate, and other tasty treats! You can easily use this sweet treat as a way to have a romantic night in or fill it with your favorite foods to treat yourself and your tummy. Loaded full of raspberries, chocolate covered strawberries, and more.
- Apricot Brie Bites – These are bite-sized perfection! The perfect ending to a meal that won’t have you feeling as though you overindugled.
- Orange Cranberry Shortbread Bars – This simple bar recipe is perfect for a sweet combination that you can walk and eat at the same time!
- Orange Cranberry Bread Pudding – Find a cute bowl and load it up with this bread pudding. People go crazy for a good homemade bread pudding recipe – and this is it!
- Cranberry Caramel Baked Brie – The flavor of baked brie is one that you can’t miss. It’s savory and topped with the perfect amount of sweetness.
Mini Dessert Recipes
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes – Topped with fresh strawberries, these Mini Strawberry Shortcakes are going to be a huge hit. Add some whipped cream and a few chocolate shavings and you’re certain to find some new fans of this simple mini strawberry dessert.
- Gluten-Free Mini Apple Galettes – Who says that everyone can’t have their very own dessert? These mini apple treats prove that to not be true! Perfect for using up fresh apples or making a simple and easy mini applie pie recipe at home.
- Mini Pavlovas – The beauty of this pavlovas recipe is that it’s a light and airy dessert. It’s one of those recipes that literally melts in your mouth with each and every bite. Top with fresh berries to make it a summertime favorite.
- Gluten-free Mini Pumpkin Pies – All of your gluten-free family and friends will rejoice when you make this recipe! They’ll love having their very own entire pie to enjoy!
Easy Homemade Cookies
- Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies – These cookies are perfect for the winter months because of that hot cocoa flovor. Find out how to make these cookies and don’t forget to pair with a cup of hot chocolate!
- Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies – If you love sweet and salty, these caramel thumbpring cookies are the best. Fast and simple to make, and full of caramel flavoring.
- London Fog Shortbread Cookies – Shortbread cookies are known to have the perfect texture and taste. You can easily eat the entire batch so you may want to prepare and double down on this simple cookie recipe.
- Coconut Banana Bread Cookies – The combination of banana and coconut is one that you can’t pass up. They’re soft and tender but loaded down with HUGE flavor.
Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Bars – These bars are a great way to eat pumpkin pie with your hands! Fun and simple to make and one of the best pumpkin desserts.
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake – There really isn’t anything like the texture of bundt cake. Load it up with some drizzled caramel or homemade whipped topping and you’re good to go!
- Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake – This just might be the most moist cake that you’re ever going to try. The addition of the olive oil really takes it over the top.
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding – Pudding in a cup is such a great party dessert! Each person can grab their own cup of pudding to enjoy!
- Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding – Add some chia seeds for a fun look and a pop of health! Pudding with chia seeds is a unique spin on dessert that you’re party guests will love.
Chocolate Party Desserts
- Chocolate Charcuterie Board Ideas – Talk about a great way to overload your family and friends with chocolate! This charcuterie board literally has everything that they could want!
- Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream – Why not try a healthy spin when you’re baking up cupcakes? This recipe is always a hit when it’s eaten!
- Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles – Pop one of these sweet treats in your mouth for a flavor that you’re never going to forget!
- Chocolate Charcuterie Board – Just in case you need another option for finger food desserts, this board is perfect!
Cakes and Cupcakes
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
- Maple Bacon Cake
- Easy Rum Cake
- London Fog Cake
- Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake
- Orange Moscato Cupcake
- Red Velvet Cake with Butter Roux Frosting (Ermine Frosting)
- Maple Bacon Spice Cupcakes
Pies, Tarts, and Galettes
- Sweet Potato Custard Pie
- Caramel Apple Galette
- Gluten-Free Peach Galette
- Gluten-Free Mini Apple Galettes
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Galette
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Galette Recipe
- Brûleed eggnog custard pie
- Cherry Clafoutis
- Rustic Berry Galette
- Lemon Blueberry Shortbread Tart
- Apple Upside Down Cake
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Apple Galette
Gluten-Free Party Desserts
- Gluten-Free Lemon Bars
- Gluten-free Peach Galette
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Galette
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Galette Recipe
- Gluten-free Key Lime Bars
Fun and festive party desserts for the holiday
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- Lemon Blueberry Marscapone Hand Pies
- Paleo Chocolate Vampire Donuts
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts
- Gluten-free Cinnamon & Sugar Bats
- Easter Charcuterie Board
- 25 Gluten-Free Easter Dessert Recipes
Must-Haves for your Party Desserts
Wanderlust and Wellness participates in the Amazon affiliate program. Please see my affiliate disclaimer. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Party dessert serving trays
Party Dessert FAQs
How long do desserts last once made?
You have to be careful when you’re prepping desserts because you don’t want to make them too far in advance. One day ahead of time is enough so that they’re fresh and moist to serve your guests.
What is a good dessert recipe for a large group?
You just need to have a recipe that will feed a lot of people. Cakes, cookies, and even mini desserts are great options because you can make them quickly and each person can have a serving size.
What are some easy dessert recipe?
This all just depends on what you want to make! Plan desserts that don’t take a ton of time and you’ll be well on your way. Using your oven, slow cooker, or even your Air Fryer or Instant Pot can be a great idea in working with many different appliances to cook up a variety of desserts.